6th Arc for Dance Festival 2,3 and 4 May 2014 – Syghrono Theatro, Evmolpidon 45, Gazi, Athens At 8.30pm
Six artists from two European programmes based on networking: the Spider Expand and moduldance in which DANCEE and Duncan Dance Center participate as partners respectively. Along with them, a new generation of Greek choreographers, who, through deep research and experimentation, articulate a recognizable ‘language’. In this particular period that our country crosses, among the increasing disinvestment of the State regarding the arts, artists persist, insist, create. We believe in them and stay by their side.
Seeking in networking new qualities of relationship between structures and individuals, two Dance Centers initiate collaboration this year and introduce you the 6th Festival Arc for Dance as a palette of modern European choreographic idioms. We invite you to enjoy its diversity, verve and strong will!!!!!
Highlights: This edition makes a special focus on Portuguese dance scene and its creators, who, among an ever growing uncertainty, still inhabit their art with dignity and offer innovative, human and political sensitive works. Do not miss them!!
Also: ‘Planites’ by Patricia Apergi , after an amazing support by so many dance houses of the moduldance project and an interesting touring in Europe, will be presented for the FIRST time in Greece.
Planites are people of the world. They travel and carry with them stories and experiences from the past in order to adapt to a foreign way of life without losing their own identity. They are the contemporary immigrants; they are the citizens of the world.
Friday 2 May 2014
- Wishfull Thinking The fantasy cycle – Choreography: Antonis Sporidis in collaboration with the dancers (Prime Movers.Gr).Performers: Aggeliki Gouvi, Marilena Dara, Anastasios Karahanidis, Christiana Kotsiari, Alexis Fousekis
- Auto – da – fé – Choreography: Mariza Vinieratou (Prime Movers.Gr). Performer: Nontas Damopoulos.
- Aurora – Choreography -performing: Meytal Blanaru (Belgium -Spider artist).
- A gesture that is nothing but a threat – Choreography -performing: Sofia Dias & Vitor Roriz (Portugal- moduldance-artist)
Saturday 3 May 2014
- ΜΕΤΑ – Choreography: Artemis Lambiri (Prime Movers.Gr). Performers: Candy Karra, Artemis Lambiri.
- Primeira dance de Urizen – Choreography -performing: Luis Guerra (Portugal).
- Lucid – Choreography – Performing: Christina Gouzeli & Paul Blackman -Jucstapoz.co (Greece- Spider artists).
- Sincopa – Choreography -performing: Tania Carvalho (Portugal- moduldance -artist)
Sunday 4 May 2014
- Rutas – Choreography: Christos Xyrafakis (Prime Movers.Gr). Performers: Aggeliki Gouvi, Marilena Dara, Ioanna Paraskevopoulou, Chrsitina Reinhardt.
- Retour (what if….) – Choreography: Renate Graziadei & Arthur Staldi (Germany- Spider artists). performing: Renate Graziadei, Mariagiulia Serantoni.
- Planites – Choreography: Patricia Apergi and Aerites Dance (Greece- moduldance -artist). performing: Nontas Damopoulos, Konstantinos Papanikolaou, Konstantinos Rizos, Dimokritos Sifakis, Elias Hadjigeorgiou.
With the support of